At ICON Eyewear, our services range from regular eye examinations to CASA aproved eye tests. ICON Eyewear is equipped with state of the art technology and our optometrists continually update themselves with new skills and knowledge.
Our eye services include:
- Regular eye examinations
- CASA eye examinations
- Dry eye workup and treatment plans
- Ocular health services including glaucoma workup and management
- Diabetes eye health management
- Children's Vision
- Specialty contact lenses including orthokeratology and keratoconic lens fitting
All our dispensers and optical assistants are highly trained in providing the best customer service and advice tailored to your needs. We are also equipped with lenses and machines for efficient in- office lens edging.
- OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) helps the optometrist to clearly see the internal structures of your eye, so problems can be treated before they progress. The OCT is safe and is the only technology that provides the cross sectional images for precise diagnosis and treatment. It allows the optometrist to examine the individual layers of the retina, to measure delicate structures and monitor any changes. The OCT detects eye diseases such as Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration.
- OPTOMAP ultra wide digital retinal imaging system captures more than 80% of your retina in one panoramic image. Traditional methods typically reveal only 10-15% of your retina at one time.
- OCULUS Keratograph is an advanced corneal topographer which helps examine the Meibomian glands and the non-invasive tear film time and the teat meniscus height mesurement. It examines the lipid layer and helps the optometrist determine the most effective treatment for dry eye.
- E-Eye is an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) device where a series of flases are applied under the lower eyelid. How do these flashes help? They stimulate the Meibomian glands in order for them to return their normal function and reduce the effects of dry eye.
- LIPIFLOW is an in office treatment used to help remove blockages from the meibomian glands, allowing them to coat the surface of the eye with essential oils and prevent your tears from evaporating.
For more information regarding our tailored eye assessments, please contact our reception at (02) 9580 5766.
ICON Eyewear is now linked wih MyHealth1st for easier online booking.